Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Brooklynn

This time last year we were preparing to bring Brooklynn into our world. After a pretty easy 9 months, well I guess 10, we were ready! We had our favorite pizza, checked our bags, talked about all the things we were going to do with our little girl. After Brooklynn arrived I could not wait to get my hands on her. Right before I was able to see her the dreams and hopes I had were taken from me in a matter of seconds. It was suppose to be the happiest day of my life and it was turning into a nightmare. That is what I thought a year ago. Today....


 I think "how could I have ever thought that!" Brooklynn is a miracle and the love of my life. We may not have been able to do all the things we talked about doing with our little girl but we are doing things we never talked about. She has had her challenges and scares from her surgery but she is happy. Not just a little happy but a whole lot of happy. I have taught Brooklynn many things. She can roll, sit, kind of crawl backwards, and the most important say mama! More importantly she has taught me so much more.  I have learned the meaning of kindness, love and friendship in a way I never knew before. Tonight, while she was in her crib,  I told her I love you and  I closed her door and listened to her babble and fall asleep. I smiled and wiped a tear.  I did not bring Brooklynn into our world she has brought me into hers. 

Tomorrow is Brooklynn's day!

2 comments: