Monday, March 12, 2012

Stronger by the day!

Brooklynn  is just about 15 months old and a lot has happened in the last few weeks. I am so excited to say that she has started to army crawl and pull up to standing from a sitting position. I know these seem like simple miles stones but for this special needs mommy it's huge. Day after day I try to be positive and try to remember "it could be worse" but it's the one or two comments that break me down. I heard last week, "We just can't meet her needs, sorry" when I was trying to find a program for Brooklynn to attend. As I sat in the chair of this stranger's office my eyes filled with tears and politely said ok, thank you. I got to my car and cried every tear in me and thought "this isn't fair".  We have spent hours after hours in different therapies just to get to this point. I spend more time with therapists and doctors than I do with my friends and still I question if I am doing enough for her. Then there is this face of "Mommy, look. I did it!" Things do get tough but this little girl is a true blessing in our lives. Sometimes I forget and she is my reminder that "it could be worse".


We go to the cardiologist on Friday and we are hoping for a great report. We will repeat x-rays and an echo of the heart to check blood in her lungs and to see if the last hole closed. I have a feeling this is going to be a good appointment. However, our princess has decided that no one can touch her besides her daddy and mommy so there might be a few tears on her part through these procedures. She picked up this habit just in time for her sister's arrival in 3 weeks. I think we may have our hands full!

No comments:

Post a Comment